Thursday, September 10, 2009

Team 1 , lesson 1 reflection

  • Team work of which I am proud.
Overall I am very pleased with our group! We started communicating early and kept on communicating. We started with phone contact (via Dallas) which was nice since it helped us get to know each other better. Then we primarily communicated through Vista mail. However, we decided that since we were the first group we should make our thought process more visible to others so we decided to have most of our communication in the group 1 section to serve as a possible model for future groups. I think we all did a great job in (1) coming up with interesting questions (2) keeping discussions running smoothly (3) Posting some thought provoking reflections and (4) effectively keeping track of member postings. All in all a very fun and professional group to work with. I am most proud of our strong presence in week 2. Our discussions seem to be keeping folks involved.
  • Team work which I found exceptionally challenging.
Since our communication skills were excellent and everyone put a lot of work in the only real challenge we had was deciding which questions to ask to the group. Everyone posed a lot of good questions and we wanted to post questions which were both fun and interesting but that also got people thinking and hopefully pulling in outside information on.Reflections on technology and instructional strategies that you and your team learned from this lesson.
Again keeping in good contact and putting your thought process in the discussion area helps other groups in modeling later. Be ready to communicate in multiple ways. We used phones, IRC/ "chat", email, vista mail and google docs in addition tot he discussion forum.
  • Anything your team would like to share
Keeping in good communication from day 1 is key. It's nice to call each other and get to know each other. I can say we had it easy since everyone here is a great team worker and happy to put in their share for a nice finished product.

Image from Despair.com.


1 comment:

  1. Dear Group 1,

    I have to say your group exceptional outstanding! I was not part of your group work process; however, I did see your group engage in active communication which is key to success. Your group challenges yourselves with various digital technology and engaged in active and interactive instructional communication.

    The Lesson 1 Content Development is excellent. I am always finishing reading it. Excellent work!

    I would like to see your group continue challenging yourself and taking great leadership to the class and to show the class how far and how effective we can go with new digital media.

    Of course, keep good communication with me. I will do my best to assist your group.

    Chih

    ReplyDelete